Monday 26 August 2013

re.view: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush

What a wonderful little blush!

Now, this is the most expensive blush that I've ever owned. Being a highstreet cosmetic fan, particularly for colour-cosmetic products, I had never really been tempted over to the dark side of high-end blushes, but after reading such rave reviews of this product again and again I finally couldn't help myself when I had access to a Sephora in North America (It's very difficult to get hold of Tarte products here in the UK, so I think the novelty value of it probably also tipped me over the edge!).


I chose to invest in the shade 'Tipsy', a reddish-hued peach. It is a fairly rich colour in the compact, and oddly although it is true to colour when applied to the skin, it transforms into a very natural-looking tint. The red tones of this peach make it a far more natural flush, in my opinion, to some of the other peachy shades I've seen. I also chose this shade as many of the other colours from Tarte were quite shimmery by comparison. Now don't get me wrong, I do love a shimmery blush on occasion but when I'm heading into the office for the day I plump for something that will give me a bit of instant health and keep my shimmers to a bit of bronze or rose gold on the eyes.

I also love the packaging that it comes in, and I think this is where higher end products really excel. It feels worth the splash-out. I get a real pleasure from picking it out, holding it and swirling my brush into the amazonian embossed design. I feel like I'm giving myself a treat, and it's only 7 a.m.! Incidentally, a little of this goes a long way when using a duo fibre brush - I've been using it, say, once a week for the past couple of months and I haven't made a dent in the pattern on it yet.

All in all I would buy a Tarte blush again, and if I ever get through this one I'll certainly be tempted by the same shade. If only it were the 1980s and I could really go to town with this...I'd be one happy lass.

Available from Sephora for around $26 and if you're in the UK at about £20 from an ebay seller 

No comments:

Post a Comment