Wednesday 21 August 2013

re.create: MAC Fix+

This re.create is more of a re.dupe (except unfortunately that isn't a word...if you can think of something more appropriate please let me know!).

MAC Fix+ is a spritz for your face that is best for refreshing makeup if you've been a bit over-enthusiastic with the powder, or just throughout the day when your makeup needs a bit of re-blending or feels a bit tired. So, it's not a setting spray in the way that some of the spritzes are from Skindanavia and Urban Decay (also made by Skindanavia).


If we look at the ingredients of Fix+ here (great website), we can see that it's composed much like a facial toner. Fix+ has a few additional ingredients, the most noticeable being caffeine, however for most of the ingredients such as the cooling extracts can be found in traditional toners that are much cheaper.

This is my toner of choice from Botanics at Boots. I use it much the same way as Fix+. The ingredients are comparable with water and glycerin as the principle components except in this one it is rosewater that performs the cooling function. I also like this because it has a beautiful sweet but fresh rose scent. It takes down the powdery finish of my makeup just like Fix+, I can use it in my regular skincare regime after my cleanser, and it costs around £3.00 (and it seems to be on offer quite often). If you can't get hold of this, ingredients to look out for are (don't need all of them): water, glycerin, rosewater, cucumber extract, caffeine and of course check that you like the smell of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment