Saturday 3 August 2013

re.view: Khiels Ultra Light Daily UV Defense SPF 50

Sun calls for suncream!

I bought this in duty free at Heathrow Airport a few weeks ago before I went abroad to mainland Europe for a week. I'd heard a little bit about this and have been looking for a higher SPF cream for my face. I'd been using the No.7 SPF 30 face cream here in the UK and, while I find it well priced and very wearable under makeup, in the hot hot weather I feel like this might make my makeup slip off my face and go from 'dewy' to 'sweaty' pretty quickly...


So anyway, the Khiels offering is an excellent one! It is a white coloured cream that applies very lightly and is practically un-detectable once blended into the skin and I don't notice it under my makeup at all really even if I don't apply an extra primer layer in between.

Make sure you apply enough of this stuff. Because it's so light there is really no excuse to apply less than a good walnut dollop to your face! You need this in order to get the full SPF protection.

I'm very impressed with this cream and there is really nothing negative to say about it apart from the price. It cost me about £25 in duty free but I think it will be a bit more than this normally. It was also out of stock online for a couple of weeks before I bought it. You do get a fair amount of product though and Khiels don't tend to overprice their products too much. I think that this is worth the money if you can afford it, but I do think I have found a slightly cheaper (if not quite budget) alternative to this that isn't quite the same texture but does give a matte finish too.

Khiels available here! (around £30)

No comments:

Post a Comment