Monday 5 August 2013

re.view: Dove summer glow nourishing lotion

Short re.view today on a gradual self tanner from Dove.

It's been lovely weather here and I've been so excited to get my summer wardrobe out. I like to wear dresses but my legs don't get much exposure in the wintery months (we have many of them here in the UK) and I don't like sunbathing so sometimes they need a little bit of a kick start on their way to a healthy colour.


I saw some positive reviews of this so I bought one to try out. I bought the fair to medium skin colour and to be honest I haven't notice a whole lot of difference to the colour of my legs. It has helped a little bit but maybe the darker one will be more effective? I think the actual problem is that although the cream applies with a really pleasing scent, after a couple of hours the biscuit-y fake tan smell starts to come out and I can smell it when I'm sat around. So I haven't actually been using it that much. If anyone knows of a way to get rid of or cover up this smell I'd be very happy to carry on using this as it's a great moituriser in general and I think that it is giving a natural, if subtle, colour.

Available at Boots and I'm sure other places for around £2.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment