Wednesday 30 October 2013

re.commend: Bepanthen = cold-weather lip care hero



I struggle with dry flaky lips in the best of times, and in this cold weather I struggle to keep my lips from getting chapped underneath my lipstick. However, I've recently discovered this little beauty and it has completely changed the condition of my lips. Previously, I've had to stop wearing lipstick in the Autumn/Winter in favour of tinted lip balms exclusively, but this year I can wear whatever I want!

Bepanthen is a cream market to soothe nappy rashes and patches of dry skin. But for an overnight lip treatment this is ideal! It contains lanolin and panthenol which as incredibly hydrating and quite the 'in' ingredients found in other lip products such as Lanolips and Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream. At a snip of the price compared to these products, it will also last you for months and months.

I discovered this when browsing forums and some people were recommending on use for sore tattood skin. I had a look at the ingredients when I saw it in the pharmacy and low and behold it sounded ideal for lips - especially considering the 'matte dark lips' trends coming up this Autumn/Winter season.

It comes out of the tube as a thick, white cream that does sheer out as you rub it into your lips. It leaves a slight white caste so I generally use it overnight, but I also apply a very thin layer before lipstick in the morning.

It's small and light enough that you could carry it in your handbag, but I really find that there is no need if you use this religiously every night.

I highly highly recommend this, and it has been added to my permanant nightly-useage list.

Available here for just £1.99!

No comments:

Post a Comment