Friday 2 August 2013

re.commend: Clean and Clear dual action moisturiser

My moisturiser!

I've tried a moisturizers few over the years and in the past have preferred to buy one with some sun protection in, but I've been buying or 'repurchasing' this again and again this year. When it's on sale in Boots I'll pick up a few to store under my dresser at home.


It's a very lightweight moisturiser that contains a small percentage of salicylic acid. The concentration of the acid is less than that found in spot treatments (though it doesn't specify the percentage exactly) and is used all over the face. I apply this in the morning and at night (when I'm not using liquid gold or coconut oil as a mask) and have found that it helps to keep my little cystic spots under control.

It might be a little too light if you have very dehydrated or dry skin, but I have normal to oily skin and find it sufficient. I wish I had found this as a teen as I really think it does help to keep my skin less oily too.

In the summer heat recently it's been especially nice to have a lighter mosituriser and I haven't been using coconut oil at all. It's even light enough to apply under my suncream without making my skin feel clogged up or greasy.

Available from Boots at around £3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment