Sunday 4 August 2013

re.view: L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow

I've been ignoring these eyeshadows on the L'Oreal shelves since they came out. Despite glowing reviews from all fronts, I just couldn't help thinking to myself....do I really need any more eyeshadows? Well, during the Boots 3 for 2 offer I caved in and since I now have this blog I thought I could/should/this is just an excuse review them for you. Verdict: yes. I did need more eyeshadows and I needed these ones in particular. 




I bought two colours, Sahara Treasure and Flashback Silver: a golden-bronze shade and a violet-silver shade. I plumped for these two because I have bronze and peachy MAC eyeshadows that I use all the time (All That Glitters and Woodwinked) and my other most used items are the Maybelline 24 hour colour tattoos in One and One Bronze and Pink Gold, so I figured that some more metallic colours would be a safe bet useage-wise.

These are a funny texture...a nice funny texture. I'd read about them being a powder that is 'creamy' but I was expecting something that looked like a powder and that maybe applied like the maybelline colour tattoos. These aren't like that at all, in the little pot they look more or less like a normal baked eyeshadow and when you push your brush into them they don't fluff up at all. You do manage to pick up some on the brush even though it looks like nothing at all is happening. I think the creaminess is more noticeable if you apply with your finger like in these swatches, but a brush also did a pretty good job of applying it to my eyelids this morning. Once on the lid the eyeshadows still don't feel like particularly creamy, but they do feel more concentrated than a normal eyeshadow and it's possible to build up a more intense colour quite quickly. 

I think I'll use these an awful lot, particularly as I have some fairly neutral shades. I think that the gold is really nice for the hot weather we've been having and the silvery violet (looks much more violet-ish on the lid than in the pot) will be great going into autumn. I'm wearing the silver today just on the mobile part of the eyelid with a little bit of a mid-brown blended into the crease as a gentle contour. No liner, fluttery mascara. Rasberry lips. 

Available at around £7 here at Boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment