Tuesday 20 August 2013

re.view: Laura Mercier Radiance Primer

I was excited to buy the trial/travel size of this radiance primer from Sephora when I was in Canada recently as I'd been looking for a primer and prefer a luminous finish to a completely matte one.


It comes out of the tube as a peach-coloured cream and the shimmer is quite subtle once you blend it out with none of the peach tint. It glides over the skin nice and smoothly. I can't really tell on my skin the degree to which it is able to smooth over fine lines and pores but it certainly didn't highlight any dry patches.


I've been using this during the (rare) summery weather that we've been having in the UK. I was a bit concerned that in this temporary heat this primer might go from 'radiant' to 'shiny'... And to some extent it did. I found that I needed to powder my forehead, nose and chin with some setting powder in order to take the shine away in those areas in the morning, but I didn't really need to top this up throughout the day (though this might be a success of the powder rather than down to this primer).

That means that there is a bit of a paradox with this product: I could only apply this to my cheek areas, but it the remaining areas of my face that need a primer to help my makeup stay :-| But on my cheeks though, what a lovely glow! No highlighter needed with this applied underneath my tinted moisturiser/BB cream and if anything it gave a more natural 'lit from within' sheen. It also did a pretty good job as a primer keeping my base on my face (if you'll excuse the rhyme!).

All in all I really like this, and much prefer this to a plain primer. However, it is quite pricey for me with this small size costing $19.50 though I think that this will last me a few months as I tend to only use a small amount for each application. The full size (£28 in the UK) would probably last a full year. I'm not sure if I would buy this again, not because of how it looks or performs but because I may have found a dupe that I will be writing about soon! However, if your budget can stretch or you want to give yourself a bit of a treat, I highly recommend this. Available in the UK from Laura Mercier counters at House of Fraser.

No comments:

Post a Comment