Wednesday 28 August 2013

re.view: L'Oreal Voluminous mascara Carbon Black

My new mascara of choice.

Holy grail, holy grail! OK, so I haven't tried that many perhaps for this mascara to warrant such an address but this is the mascara that I have been using every day despite having four other tubes of mascara open (one natural, one defining, one 'false lash' and one turned out to be rubbish).


It's black. It has a wand that is delicate on my eye. It gives nice big fluttery film-star lashes. What more could you want?! Before this I had been using the Max Factor Clump Defy mascara, and I still have this on hand as my 'defining' mascara for days when I'm wearing a bright lip, but despite telling myself that it was silly to have so many mascaras open at once I haven't been able to keep my mitts of this when I'm wearing any colour on my eyes.

This mascara just makes your lashes stand out. I am fortunate to have quite dark and long lashes naturally but they seem invisible compared to when I put a coat (or dare I - two!) of this on. The formula is more liquid-y that some other mascaras I've tried and is oddly more similar in viscosity to some of the 'natural' formulations. This means that it can be easy to get all over your freshly applied eye makeup if you're not careful, but it has a thinner wand that some of the massive wands that have been about recently so this helps to keep the application tidy.

This is very much worth a try for anyone who...well I'd say anyone who wears mascara! L'Oreal always seems to have some nice deals on and I would buy this at full price. I'm slightly lamenting the fact that I've got a couple of other mascaras to start, use and finish before I can/should buy another...

Available here for around £8.50


No comments:

Post a Comment