Monday 30 September 2013

re.view: Soap and Glory Supercat Liner



This is a lovely little liner and the price won’t make you cry neither.

I bought the Supercat liner as part of a three-for-two offer on Soap and Glory products (and during my...ohmygodwhydontIowneverythingbysoapandglory...phase i.e. two consecutive trips to Boots), and I’ve been very pleased with it. I do like a visible flick to the eye as a day-time appropriate alternative to the simple sweep of champagne, bronze or pink that usually fluff on in the morning but I’m a bit of a novice still with liquid and gel liner and I hoped that this would make my training days go a bit faster.



This liner doesn't give the ultra-fine line that the very thin-nibbed pen liners can achieve (such as Eyeko’s Skinny Mini liner,that I also like), but nor does it make a tidy line unmanageable for the daytime. It gives a smooth, line of medium thickness is the blackest black.
 
I've also been impressed by its longevity – it can last the whole working day easy as pie and can even withstand watery-eyes brought on by the Autumnal wind. I found that it will rub off during forgetful eye-rubs, but I personally think that this sort of super-resisting-power might be too much to ask of a reasonably-priced eyeliner anyway!

I’ve also recently tried the MUA pen liner in black to see whether I can find a similarly-performing pen eyeliner for a lower price, but have been a little disappointed by it. It gives a similar, silky black look like the Supercat but doesn’t hold up so well if you have remotely watery eyes. If your eyes are more well-behaved than mine then this could be a great alternative for you as it is just as easy to apply and looks great.

All in all I think that I will buy this again, until I can graduate to using my gel perhaps!




No comments:

Post a Comment