Wednesday 11 September 2013

re.view: Vo5 Give me Texture Dry Texturising Spray

I cannot believe this isn't all over the blogosphere! This is my best discovery of 2013.

I was perusing Boots (as usual) and there was a two-for-five-pound offer on Vo5 products, which I thought sounded like an excellent deal. I have long hair that falls just below my shoulders and have a good amount of it, but the texture is very fine and so it has a tendency to fall flat. I've been using the Schwartzkopf got2be Powder'ful silica powder sprinkled on my roots and dappled lightly through my layers hair in order to separate it them and beef them up a bit. This has been great and I'll still use it but it does leave an odd texture to the hair where you've put the product in.



Now this Vo5 spray gives me the same effect of more voluminous hair and defined layers but without the strange texture of the powder. It does alter the hair texture (temporarily, whilst the product is in), but the texture becomes drier and somehow lighter and fluffy! My hair does fall during the day but it perks up again with a simple and glamourous scrunch of the hair.

This has become a staple of my morning routine now and although you only need a light mist of the product in order to get the full effect, it is also pretty much impossible to overdo so you'll never ruin your carefully quaffed hair.

I always always read the ingredients on the back of products, not because I am trying to avoid certain ingredients particularly, but because I love to know how they work. In this case I realised something quite funny - the ingredients of this spray, and that of the Vo5 Plump it Up Dry Backcomb Spray are exactly the same. Exactly. OK, so the amount of each ingredient might be different in the two different products, but to test this out I bought one of each to compare and they have the very same feel in the hair. The only difference is that one can recommends application directly to the roots, and the other to the lengths of the hair. So, if you want to try out both effects, or if one is out of stock, you can just go for either!

I really love this product and I've not come across anything else like it. I was contemplating lopping off quite a few inches from my hair in order to create some volume, but with this it looks like I can keep my length!

The price is right, especially with the current offer so if you are looking for something to boost the volume of your hair I would grab this quick.

Available here at £3.89

No comments:

Post a Comment