Wednesday 2 October 2013

re.view: Samy Fat Hair volumising products


A little bit more ‘oomph’ for barely-there hair. 

OK, I exaggerate with the ‘barely-there hair’, but I do have quite fine hair that I’m always trying to plump up and the products from this range have done a pretty good job, when used together, at just giving me a bit more height and width to my barnet. The three products from this range that I own are the dry shampoo, a root-boosting spray, and the volumising mouse.





I say ‘when used together’ (lots of quoting myself in this post) with care because I don’t really mean that the products from this range necessarily need to be used with other products from the range in order to take effect. I mean to say that there I’ve noticed little discernable difference to my hair when just using one or other of the products, with the exception of the ‘cleansing’ effect of the dry shampoo.

I’ve also tried to switch in a volumising spray in place of the root booster to see whether that made any difference to the overall effect. Looking at the ingredients they were pretty much identical so unsurprisingly they performed equally well sprayed into the roots and sparingly through the hair lengths. This means that as long as you give the ingredients a quick scan, you can probably go for a mixture of the products depending on which ones are on offer, have a good dispensing mechanism etc. (I actually prefer the spray on the This One… blow dry spray to the Big Hair root boosting one as it sprays a fine mist that can also be used throughout the hair rather than a ‘shoot’ of product designed for the roots. To my nose it also smells nicer.)
 
Not a game-changing product like the Vo5 Plump Me Up spray, but quite keenly priced, I will certainly be keeping this type of product on my shelf if not a brand in particular. Both Big Hair and This One… offer a good range of products and so you’ll be sure to find what you need from them with regards to volume.

Available here and here


No comments:

Post a Comment