Friday 6 September 2013

re.view: Kiko Vinyl Lips liquid lipstick


I bought this liquid lipstick when I was in France recently at a Kiko store. There were a few colour options in the sale and so I thought I'd give one a go. I've heard good reviews all round about Kiko products, and have really been enjoying a couple of other things that I bought at the same time, but I must say that I'm slightly disappointed by this one. 






I opted for a peachy, shimmery shade as I thought that it would make for a nice neutral lip or be able to layer on top of pink or peach toned lipsticks for the rest of the summer. Swatched on my hand it comes out as a lovely light peach, the formula is lightweight and the shimmer looks quite subtle more similar to a liploss than a lipstick. 

Although I found that this lipstick/lipgloss wasn't sticky at all and wore quite comfortable, this particular shade really made my lips look a lot drier than they were; picking up on any little bits of dryness or imperfections on the lips. The shimmer also comes out quite glittery on the lips, not something that I'd usually go for, and absolutely none of the peach colour was transferred to my lips. It worked a little better over a pink lipstick, but didn't add much that any other clear lipgloss wouldn't. 

I think that if you are looking for a peach lipgloss with a gold glitter in it - this is a good choice. I rather regret not buying another liquid lipstick from this line in a different shade in order to compare. In any case, this particular product seems to have disappeared from online stores, although I can see some are still available from sellers on ebay. Compared to other liquid lipsticks like the Rimmel Apocolips this doesn't have nearly the same quality of texture or colour. If you've tried any other lip products by Kiko I'd love to hear what you thought of them as I've been enjoying other types of product from them so far! 
You can check out some of Kiko's other lip products here (UK site). 

No comments:

Post a Comment