Wednesday 4 September 2013

re.view: Soap and Glory One heck of a blot!

I love this powder.

I very simple review today. Despite being the owner of the far more expensive Make Up Forever HD powder, this is the powder that I use to keep my T-zone matte during the day. Although the MUFE powder does a good job of stopping my base turning into a slip 'n' slide, it doesn't do as good a job as this one in the matte department.


In line with the packaging, if you're looking for a vintage-style matte-all-over look or just to stop the centre of your face from oiling up then this is a good bet. I haven't tried the Rimmel Stay Matte powder that other bloggers seem to rave about, mainly because this one has been so good. Yes, it is a bit more expensive but it does come in rather more attractive packaging if you want something to pop into your handbag to touch up throughout the day. My skin isn't particularly oily now that I'm in my twenties and so I find that I don't really need to touch up until I get back from work in the evening, but if you do need to to take it out with you it comes with a little puff that dabs the powder on satisfyingly, and reminiscent of those glamorous stars of black and white films... Thoughtful Soap and Glory have also included a refreshingly sturdy little plastic disk that I keep between my powder and its puff.


All in all a very nice powder that feels like treat to use even though it won't cost you the earth at £12. I managed to get this as part of a 3-for-2 deal at Boots and if you can catch one of these believe me there are more than two other things from Soap and Glory that you'll want to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment