Monday 2 December 2013

re.view: Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks


A little review on some Urban Decay revolution lipsticks that I've been enjoying! This review is for the shade 'Naked', but I've recently bought two more shades that I shall post pictures up for to follow this post. 
 I'm going to be brief, because my review is overwhelmingly positive for these lipsticks. I've never spent anywhere near £15 on a lipstick before, but after seeing the gorgeous colours available and the really beautiful packaging, I couldn't resist and added one to my bag when I was buying a primer potion at the Urban Decay stand (yes, I know, I do make my own eye primer, but I really wanted to try it out to compare!)
The packaging is quite heavy, in a good way, and a sleek off-silver colour. The surface is very slightly textured with a wave effect which means that it's very satisfying to hold and fingerprints aren't as noticeable. It comes simply packaged in a mottled-cardboard box emblazoned with the Urban Decay logos.  
The lipstick itself is very creamy, and not at all sticky despite applying quite thickly to the lips. I wouldn't necessarily describe these as 'hydrating', but neither do they dry out the lips. The lighter colours, however, do highlight any existing dryness so make sure that you condition your lips well beforehand. 
The colour is opaque, and this is much more evident with the darker colours. I think that the darker colours are probably more unique to this range than the nude ones that I chose, but because I was spending a lot on these lipsticks, I wanted to choose some colours that I could wear every day to work to get my use out of them. 
I am very happy with the quality and the price, they are very long-lasting on the lips. They are comfortable, but not unnoticeable in texture on the lips. I am saving for some more, though there is a sale on in Debenhams now....£13.50 





No comments:

Post a Comment