Saturday 7 December 2013

re.commend: Urban Decay Lip pencil in Ozone

Today's post recommends a product that looks rather uninspiring, but I couldn't do without it. I've seen a few brands make a lipliner, but I have this one, Ozone, from Urban Decay. 


The liner come packaged in a simple, cardboard box and is capped with a silver top to protect the nib much as any other lipliner.

But this isn't any other lipliner - this lipliner has no colour at all! It is entirely transparent. Well, what's the point of that? I hear you cry. We often use lipliners as a base for colour, a kind of insurance policy against the main feature, the lipstick, wearing off. However, lipliners also serve to create a base for lipstick to 'cling' to, or to even out the surface of the lips beneath lipstick. This product still serves both those latter purposes without the need to buy several different lipliners in different shades to match with your lipsticks. In reality, many of us don't have a lipliner to match every one of our lipsticks and so what happens is that using an (albeit similar) liner as a base can alter the colour of the lipstick slightly, which is a shame when we invest in most lipsticks for their gorgeous and unique colours.

So I use this liner for two things - a) when I don't have a liner to exactly match my lipstick and I want to preserve the lipstick's original colour and b) capitalise on the pencil's waxiness to draw around the edge of my lips before applying lipstick to avoid bleeding out of the colour onto my skin.

As I said, not the most inspiring product (no point swatching it!) but nevertheless a really handy one that I use any day I'm wearing a lipcolour.

Available for £13 here




No comments:

Post a Comment