Monday 9 December 2013

re.view: Sleek Blush by 3 Pink Sprint palette





My second Blush by 3 set from Sleek - the first being the popular Lace collection - I though this time I would brand out into some more plummy shades for Autumn. 


Packaged nice and securely in the usual sleek Sleek, black, matte, casing, these blushes are generously proportioned and by Jove they pack a punch in terms of colour.  Just a light tap of the brush into the product and you can enough for a cheek or two. The shades in this palette are on the left-to-right: a deep pink-plum, a bright blue-based fushia, and a dusty purple-pink.
I was pretty scared of how bright these blushes really were when I first got the palette back home and popped a brush in them, but to make them work on my face, my preference is to apply these brighter colours to the higher points of the cheek just below the cheekbones, rather than to the apples that can make my light-medium skintone look a bit too flushed. 
The ideal application I've found is with the Illamasqua Blush Up brush which means that the deeper blushes give a slight contouring effect (more on this soon). This picture isn't terribly good as the sunlight was a bit too stark, but it gives a good impression of the depth of the colour. I find these perfect for this time of year when I don't feel my spring-summer peaches and shimmer are quite appropriate to the dimming light of Winter. 
All in all I love these blushes, and there are other colour palettes that would work brilliantly on darker skin tones. I've got my eye on Sweet Cheeks next...

Available at Superdrug, at the great value of £9.99






No comments:

Post a Comment