Wednesday 11 December 2013

re.view: CND Sticky Base Coat

Apologies for the sideways pictures! My computer is playing up and not allowing me to swivel them. However, this product looks great any which way around and works even better. I am a real nail varnish fan and even more so of products that make my existing varnishes perform better. I read about CND Stikey* base coat somewhere on the World Wide Web and determined one day that it should be mine.... I got the opportunity to finally buy it recently to make up to a certain total to receive a discount and luckily I am rather pleased with it. 


The varnish itself is rather looser than a regular nail varnish (the opposite of the Seche Vite top coat!) and although green in the bottle, it is clear once applied to the nails. 
The Product dries very quickly, almost instantly, and dries to a semi-matte finish. Upon touching its surface it's clear that it's not a regular transparent nail varnish and feels a bit....not sticky...but more 'grippy'. 
It doesn't look fancy, but it helps to adhere the nail varnish to the nails. I also find that it's easier to apply a more even coat of colour over the top of this base as compared to my Chanel one. Tip wear is pretty much the same despite using this (because I type a lot), but the rest of the nail remains free from chips long enough for me to get fed up and want to re-paint them again anyway (around 4-5 days). I would say though if you, like me, enjoy 'peeling off' your nail varnish as a nervous habit, or as an alternative to using varnish remover on your nails, then this product makes it more difficult (again, opposite to Seche).

Highly recommend if you like to keep your colour for a few days or more at a time. If you change your nail colour more frequently, you might not need this anyway!

Available here for £8.95





No comments:

Post a Comment