Friday 20 December 2013

re.view: Dr Jart+ BB Beauty Balm (Platinum)

Oh the photos are on their sides again! Apologies for this persisting blip, but at least I bring you a positive review! The Dr Jart+ BB Water Fuse has been popular in the blogosphere for some time, but my preference is for the 'Platinum' formula.  Not only do I prefer the richer texture and glowing finish, and high spf (30) but it actually improves my skin!

 


The Platinum formula of this BB cream is slightly heavier than it's Waterfuse cousin. Although the coverage isn't necessarily heavier, I find that it feels luxuriously hydrating in these cold months and gives a nice dewy finish that I can leave as is, or powder down for longevity. It has a slightly fruity-herbal scent that I was unsure about at first, but now seems less obvisous soothingly spa-like.

It comes out as a neutral cream colour, and like traditional BB creams is only available in one colour. Straight out of the tube, this BB cream seems a bit too light for my complexion, but once it is buffed into my skin with a real Techniques Expert Face Brush it seems to blend in and give my skin a smoother, more even appearance. If I'm a bit too heavy handed and put too much on, I can look a bit pale, but nothing so drastic that a bit of blush and bronzer won't warm it up to look healthy again. I would say that this would work on light to medium skin tones, but those with deeper complexions may find this too light.

What's more, my skin texture has improved since using it! I make sure to wear it on any days that I'm just working in the office or even at home if I need something to perk me up. I like that this has a high spf of 30. Though I'm a regular user and fan of the Khiels spf 50 moisturiser, on days where all the exposure I'm going to get is sitting at my desk and answering the door to colleagues/the postman then this is grand.

Available here (with more reviews) and often on offer for £14-20.





No comments:

Post a Comment