Sunday 6 October 2013

re.commend: Trusty tubes



Here you can see my well-worn tubes! I have another high re.commended set of products for you today. 

I was wondering how to start to group together my re.commendations for products that I've been using faithfully for a number of years. With little more rhyme of reason than type of packaging, I have two of them here for you today. 
There is something rather satisfying about a tube of product like this - easily squeezed to the right amount, easy to see when you're running low, lets you get the most product out possible, and most importantly keeps your product hygenic. You can see how much I have loved these two products (and I have already bought some more for when they finally run out!). 

The first re.commendation is the Effaclar AI cream from LaRoche Posay. I bought this whilst out in France and although I haven't seen it in my rather small local Boots I have seen a great range of LaRoche Posay products available now (Hoorah!). This is a great line of skincare and quite well-priced for its quality. The French do skincare well, and cater well in general for sensitive skin so if you have issues with this the French brands can be a good refuge. 

Effaclar AI is essentially a spot-treatment. It is comparable to the Effaclar Duo that I acquired and have started using more recently, but this is a more concentrated and targeted product. The ingredients of the two products is similar, but I suspect that the Effaclar AI has a higher concentration of Salicylic acid than the Duo which (at least in the UK formulation) is used all over the face as a clarifying moisturiser. 

I find this product invaluable when I can feel one of those nasty little under-the-skin bumps starting to appear - I dab a bit of this on to it right away (it dries clear) then again overnight. If you catch the blemish early on, I have found it successful in stopping it from fully emerging. If you are a little late, then it at least helps it go down in a day or two rather than the four+ it usually takes mine... 

The second product I have to re.commend you is good old Arnicare. I'm not sure how popular this product is really, but not having heard anyone talking about it in blogs or YouTube I thought I would put it out there. Arnicare is a white cream that contains extracts of arnica, a plant that is used to reduce bruising. I do use this on bruises, but above all this cream is a dream for sore feet! 

They key is to apply this cream before you go out in heels or for a long day's walking/standing. You can of course apply it afterwards, and I often also apply this overnight when I get home and have gotten ready for bed. It's an absolute feet-saver. I have quite a low tolerance for heel-wearing but I have so many beautiful heels that I want to wear! With Arnicare at least I can last a couple more hours on my feet during the night and they recover much much quicker overnight than without. 

So there we are. Effaclar AI at a reduced price now from here, and Arnicare an absolute steal from here 




No comments:

Post a Comment