Friday 4 October 2013

re.view: Milani Blush in Luminoso

This little blush is a bit of a blogger fave….and it doesn’t disappoint!

This is a peach-coloured blush with a golden shimmer to it. It falls on the orange-rose side of peach rather than rose-red or orange-yellow. I had a bit of a shock dipping my brush into this initially as it's very highly pigmented and dusts away so easily onto the brush that it's easy to disturb much more of the powder than you need. I've found that with highly pigmented products, in order to minimise the waste from 'tapping off' your brush all the time is to twirl the brush whilst laying it flat on it's side into the powder rather than swirling it point first (I hope that makes some sort of sense!).




It comes in a plastic, gold painted casing with the domed blush sitting inside. There is a compartment beneath the blush that contains an excellent mirror and a small, flat blush brush.
This makes the packaging slightly bulky for me for travel (particularly compared with the Tarte blush), but I rather like the blush brush that this comes with.

After having seen reviews of the Illamasqua Blush Up brush, I figured that I could use this the same way with a swipe of blush up diagonally back to the temples from underneath the cheekbone. I don't tend to use this technique with this particular blush as it's a very forgiving shade to blend in, but have found it useful with slightly more difficult or bright shades. You could even use this for contouring.

Anyway, this is a lovely summer colour and I certainly won't be giving it up for Autumn for only that I like it so much. I find that, because this product has quite a glow to it, adding a highlighter is a bit overkill - this does both jobs nicely.

Here is a picture without flash <-- As you can see that it appears slightly more pink when indoors and slightly more peach in warm sunlight.

 All in all I'm very pleased that I bought this blush whilst in Canada, and sort of wished I'd chanced on a few more - though I haven't heard reviews of any other shades. I'd love to hear what you think of them if you have tried some!

I'd highly recommend this if you're lucky enough to be able to get hold of it. Not too bad at around $7.99

No comments:

Post a Comment