Thursday 10 October 2013

re.view: Percy and Reed No oil hair oil

I can't believe it's not hair oil! (If you've seen the butter ad. you'll love that...)

I received this mini-sized hair oil with a magazine (I forget which one...Elle, maybe?) and I must say that I'm impressed. I don't tend to go in for oils in general as I have very fine hair that needs as much volumising and as little weighing down as possible to look its best. This little thing seems to do the trick nicely and is comparable to the spritz-on volumising products that I have.


I must say though that on the whole I prefer this for days when I'm going to wear my hair down as it seems to also perform a bit like a serum. The liquid form of the product means that I have a bit more control over where I place it in my hair Top tip: I avoid the face-framing sections of my hair as these tend to fall flat the quickest. 

This has a pleasant scent (unlike the very odd scent of the Bumble and Bumbler volumising spray in the white bottle) and a very pleasing texture. The ingredients (see below) explain this as it's chock-full of silicone alongside the volumsing additions such as the Hydrolised Wheat Protein. Don't get me wrong, I love to see silicones on a label - partly because I feel that they do wonders for my hair and I've never had any problems with it drying it out at all, and partly because there's always a chance I can produce something similar myself! 
Unfortunately I think that this one is best left to the big companies to produce. I could put together a serum with a mix of silicones, water and a moisturising ingredient like the Castor Oil in this one, but it wouldn't have the same volumising effect. 

The full size version of this oil costs around £14 for 60ml (double this small version), which is much more than the volumising sprays that I buy (particularly as they're very often on offer too), so I'm not sure if I will buy this myself straight away. Christmas list, maybe.

Aqua (Water), Alcohol Denat., Parfum (Fragrance), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polyquaternium-46, Polyquaternium-4, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Hydrolysed Wheat Protein, PG-Propyl Silantriol, Glycerin, Magnesium Nitrate, Benzyl Alcohol, Viola Odorata (Violet) Leaf extract, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Chloride, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium benzoate, Methylparaben, Methylisothiazolinone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.


Available here


No comments:

Post a Comment