Tuesday 23 July 2013

re.commend: Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer

Reflecting on my recent foray into Soap and Glory cosmetics, I remembered suddenly that I've actually bought from this line before! A much loved concealer palette-come-compact has been tucked away in my handbag's mini-makeup bag for quite some months.



The compact contains one yellow-toned concealer for blemishes and one pink-toned corrector for under the eyes. These can be mixed to depending on what you want to disguise. The compact also contains a translucent setting powder and mini puff. I find both the concealer and corrector to give a good amount of coverage, and their lasting power is acceptable once set with some of the powder.




My own compact has been well used, though not as often recently now that my skin has miraculously cleared up a lot (more to come on this soon)! The surface of the compact has a tendency to get scuffed up fairly easily despite its makeup bag housing. Also the concealer and corrector are in pan form, so unless you are willing to carry around a concealer brush, you will need to use your fingers to apply the product. I don't mind this to much as I always have some hand sanitiser to...hand...but this might be a put-off for city dwellers.


I like to have this on me as a just-in-case product, but I find it difficult to replace Collection's lasting perfection concealer completely in my bag. I think this would be particularly handy for anyone who is also concerned with topping up their under-eye corrector throughout the day. The powder also gives a nice matte finish without looking too dusty, but I definitely prefer the stand-alone powder from the same line.

No comments:

Post a Comment