Monday 22 July 2013

re.view Soap and Glory Cheekmate

Hi everyone!

I'm surprise from Soap and Glory that this product isn't called 'What cheek!', although Cheekmate is a rather nice pun in itself.


I bought this as part of a Boots 3-for-2 deal on Soap and Glory cosmetics. I'd been waiting for a good offer on these for quite some time as it's taken me a while to come round to the idea that £8-£10 for one product is worth my hard earned cash. I now am happy to spend this providing that the thing gets the job done right.


Cheekmate has been on my list for a while as I've been coming to the end of a sample-sized version of Benefit's Posie Tint which I've thoroughly enjoyed on quick-fix-face mornings or if I am feeling a bit drab and need to head out to work looking half-decent.

Now I believe that this only come in one colour, but they've really hit the colour on the head (...so to speak). It is a bright red gel in the tube and looks equally as scary when you squeeze the tinest amount onto your fingers to apply - but once you dab that tiny amount onto your cheeks and gently rub in it magically transforms into a natural flush.

Now I think that this would work nicely on fairer skin tones but also think that this would be pretty on darker skin tones providing that you apply slightly more of it (it is very concentrated!). If you are going for a matte or a vintagey-retro-y look then this is perfect. I love a shimmery blush or a sweep of highlighter along where my cheekbones should be but sometimes I just want a bit of natural, elegant glow.


I found this pretty easy to apply, though it did leave a stain for a while on my index fingers that I used to apply it, and it lasted all day despite the heatwave that we're having over here in the UK! You can also use it as a lip stain but I've not tried this yet as I've been addicted to the Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks!

Lovely product, a possible re.create might be on the cards but all in all I am sure that I will be reaching for this a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment